1. I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston. So many high notes, so little time. Set your pride aside and sing your heart out—the shower should drown you out nicely.
2. Last Dance by Donna Summer. Because who doesn’t like to pretend that the shower is Studio 54 reincarnate?
3. Rappers Delight by The Sugarhill Gang. Practice this in the shower, then once you learn the lyrics, impress your friends by reciting the whole thing. It’s our never-fail party trick.
4. I’m So Excited by the Pointer Sisters. The real version of this song is so much better than the Jessie Spano rendition.
5. Lovefool by the Cardigans. Asking someone to “love me, love me, say that you’ll love me,” in any other context sounds creepy. But as a shower ballad, it totally works.
6. Holiday by Madonna. If you’re a parent, your shower time may be the closest thing to a holiday you get. Live it up.
7. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. Channel your inner Rocky—there is no better way to start your day than with a little air boxing to this song.
8. Waterfalls by TLC. Don’t go chasing ’em. Just enjoy the one you’re standing under.
9. Don’t Stop Believing by Journey. If you look up “shower ballad” in the dictionary, this is what you’ll find.
10. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars. We’re still not really sure what the lyrics are, but we know they put us in the best mood ever.
Listen to these jams now: Songs to Sing in the Shower